Professor, Dr.habil.phys. Andrejs Siliņš
Position: Leading Researcher
- Physics of Optical Glasses, Radiation Processes in Glasses, Point Defects in Fused Silica
- Spectroscopic Investigation of Intrinsic and Impurity Defects in Fused Silica
- Development of Geometric and Electronic Models of Defects
- High Temperature Point Defect Generation and Recombination Mechanisms
- Radiation Processes in Fused Silica
University of Latvia:
- Junior researcher, Semiconductor Physics Problem Laboratory, 1966-1967
- Postgraduate (Ph.D. Student), 1967-1970
- Head of Division, Semiconductor Physics Problem Laboratory, 1971-1978
- Vice-Director, Institute of Solid State Physics, 1978-1984
- Director, Institute of Solid State Physics, 1984-1992
- Senior Researcher, Institute of Solid State Physics, 1991 –
- Professor, University of Latvia, 1996 –
- A.R.Silins. Defects in glasses. – Rad.Effects and Defects in Solids, 1995, vol.134, pp.7-10
- A.R.Silins. Thermally induced point defects in fused silica. – Glastechnishe Berichte-Glass Sci. Technol., 1994, vol.67C, pp.14-18
- A.R.Silins, L.A.Lace. Influence of stoichiometry on high temperature intrinsic defects in fused silica. – J.Non-Crystalline Solids, 1992, vol.149, pp.54-61
- A.R.Silins. Light-induced ionic processes in optical oxide glasses. – J. Non-Crystalline Solids, 1991, vol.129, pp.40-45
- A.R.Silins, A.N.Trukhin. Point Defects and Elementary Excitations in Crystalline and Glassy SiO2.. Riga: Zinatne, 1985, 244 pages (in Russian)
- A. Silins. Point Defects in the Glass Network. – Glass Science and Technology, 1998, vol. 71C, pp. 61-66.
- A..Silins, L. Lace, A.Lukjanska. Point Defect Equilibrium Concentrations at High Temperature in Fused Silica. – Latv. J. of Phys. and Techn. Sci., 1999, N 5, pp. 3-15.
- L.Skuja, H.Hosono, M.Mizuguchi, B.Guttler, A.R.Silins. Site-selective study of the 1,8 eV luminescence band in glassy GeO2. – J. Lum., 2000, vol. 87, pp. 699-701.
- A.Silins. Defect generation in fused Silica under high intensity laser interaction. In: Laser Induced Damage in Optical Materials, Boulder: The Intern. Society for Optical Engineering, 2000, vol.4347, pp.207-211.
- A.Silins. Point defects in optical glasses. Proceedings of XIX International Congress on Glass, Invited Papers, Edinburgh: Society of Glass Technology, Edinburgh Internat. Conference Centre, Scotland, July 1-6, 2001, pp.215-222.
- A.Silins. Role of non-metallic molecules in fused silica glasses. Proceedings of 6th ES6 Conference, Montpellier, France, June 2-6, 2002, p.107.
- A.Silins. Water in fused silica glasses. Glass Science and Technology, 75 C2, 2003, pp. 19-23.
- A.Silins, I.Klavins. Non-ionising electromagnetic radiation and environmental security. In: Defence and the Environment: Effective Scientific Communications, Kenver Ac. Publish., 2004, pp.111-117.
- A. Silins. New borders of science under globalisation. – In: Latvia in Europe: Visions of the Future, 2004, Riga: Baltic Center for Strategic Studies, Latvian Academy of Sciences, pp.87-103.
- A. Silins. Light energy accumulation and emission processes in optical glasses.– Phys. and Chem. of Glasses, 2007, Vol.48, N 4, pp. 225-228.